LNK Aspire Higher Programme works with 45 young people across 2 London Boroughs, Croydon and Lambeth. We support and help those who are vulnerable to becoming involved in serious life issues and youth violence. Our aim is to get young people into further education, employment, apprenticeships and sustaining their placement in these. All the young people we mentor have been referred to LNK by the Pupil Referral Units because they have been excluded from school for different circumstances. Some of the young people are referred for already being known by local authority to be in a gang and others effected by domestic violence, drugs or in the care system.
The young people will benefit from a lot of opportunities through this programme such as :
- Personal 1-2-1 coaching sessions: focused on setting goals, creating outcomes and managing personal development and growth.
- Learning to build healthy relationships: emotional development, learning basic skills, assertiveness, and impulse control. Introducing activities that promote employability, such as literacy and presentation skills, writing the perfect cv and Job-winning interview techniques.
- Activities that will help broaden the horizons of young people in terms of their understanding of the world. The message would be that it does not have to be that way, and that they do have options.
- Our goal is that at our young people will move into positive destinations, with at least 30 sustaining for six months. These destinations could include;
– Returning into mainstream education.
– Getting into apprenticeships.
– Move into post 16 training.
For more information, please contact email@example.com